It had been awhile since Troy and I had been out on a date that consisted of more than a quick meal and back to the girls. On Friday, we secured our favorite overnight babysitter (thanks Nana!) and headed out! First we went GoKart racing at an indoor track. And when I say "racing" I mean speeding for Troy and never exceeding 16mph for me. He completed 7 laps while I finished my 3. At one point he passed by me so quickly, it got me fired up to go faster until I rounded a corner and lost my courage. Maybe next time Troy should try this activity with some brothers or guy friends?!?! It was exhilirating, but I was too nervous to really compete.

Preparing to race in my #15 kart. I think the seatbelt cut into my skin I had it so tight!

After the racing track, we headed to a new-to-us Mexican restaurant and enjoyed some HUGE burritos and some Harlem Globetrotters on TV. Significantly stuffed, we decided to do some bowling to work off some of the queso!

Troy is a terrific bowler (he even has his own shoes) and I am lucky to break 100 (and made the attendant put the gutter rails up), so I was shocked to actually do fairly well this time around. It took me a few frames to warm up and then my bright pink, size 7 ball lead me to 3 strikes in a row...called a turkey for what reason, I do not know. Troy took a picture to remember it because it's unlikely to happen again. And after that, I pretty much played my normal game of mediocre bowling. Troy did really well and enjoyed the fact that he ended up the winner as it's so hard to lose to your wife in a sport she can barely participate in because of lack of strength to lift and throw the bowling ball.


The 3 strikes...have to see it to believe it.

After my Turkey...he looks nervous ladies and gentlemen, afraid his wife may have hussled him in bowling after begging for the gutter rails to be put on our lane.
When we were done bowling, we grabbed some coffee to recharge and headed out to see the movie Blindside. It was my second time and Troy's first and he loved it. It started some great discussions afterwards and is such a terrific movie.
Thanks for the wonderfully, fabulous date night!!
**Date night brought to us by Entertainment Book and it's uncluded coupons**
3 comments:
how fun! way to support the mexican cuisine :)
dan wants to know if you're making up for every missed date in the past couple months :) and he really wants to go go-carting with you sometime!
Yes and YES!! Tell him he's welcome to car #15 anytime he'd like. Just be wary of the other racers!
Post a Comment