Friday, July 22, 2011

Strawberry NesQuik Incident

So our summer mornings have been hectic to say the least. We're always rushing off to swimming lessons, VBS, playtime with friends, etc. This past week we've been able to keep a slower pace to start the days. And that always means less supervision for my kids when I get distracted with a great project I've been meaning to complete.

I was chatting with my sister on the phone and cleaning out the pantry at the same time when I hear a loud moan from Maelyn in the kitchen. When I turned around the corner I saw her in the middle of a cloud of Strawberry NesQuik mix. And then I had to hang up on my sister!
She was attempting to open the carton when she lost control of it. It exploded all over her face, the floor, her nightgown...everything. (notice the strawberry footprints?) I am super glad I am one of those "stay calm in an extreme situation" or else I wouldn't have this great documentation. But poor Maelyn is one of those "cry when something doesn't go as planned" and she was pretty upset as you can see. After awhile she had some big strawberry tears running down her cheek.

Tristyn didn't help matters with her, "you look like a snow leopard" comment, but then she dutifully took her sister upstairs and helped her shower while I cleaned and mopped the floor. There were strawberry footprints all the way up the stairs and down the hall! It took me an hour to get everything off of everywhere and we're negative on the NesQuik.

1 comment:

Neal / Kim Kellenberger said...

this totally cracked me up!:) oh my word . . . totally laughed out loud!! love this girl!!