Monday, January 14, 2013

Mother Daughter Skating Party - 80's Style



This past weekend the girls' school organized a Mother Daughter Roller Skating Night.  It was 80's themed.  If you know me well you know that I DO NOT enjoy dressing up, acting silly, goofy or play acting in any way. But last year when Tristyn and I went to Mother/Daughter Night we didn't dress up and I felt badly that we didn't participate.  So I Googled some 80's fashion trends, borrowed some accessories from my older sister and put the girls' hair up in high ponies with ratted hair.  It was hilarious getting ready and Maelyn told me initially that I looked "horrible".  Once we were all dressed up, we took some pictures and were on our way.  We all roller skated the entire time, it was so much fun.  I do enjoy skating so that part was a breeze.  Tristyn was pretty bummed because she lost the Limbo on account of her high ponytail.  And Maelyn skated beautifully with a little help and could even bust some dance moves while skating.

Afterwards we were starving and enjoyed a nice dinner with some weird stares from other restaurant patrons.  They could tell it was a special night for us as we were all giggly and excited from all our fun together.  I had so much fun just chatting with my girls over dinner and dessert and being able to have a good time with them without any distractions.

The morning after when I stepped out of bed, I nearly screamed because the bottoms of my feet hurt so bad, but it was totally worth it for the evening of fun I had with both my girls.  I'm proud of them for being brave and dressing up with me.  I am so lucky to have such fun girls as my daughters and can't wait to enjoy nights like this through the years to come and maybe even watch them dress up their daughters for a 2013 theme party!    


5 comments:

Cheri said...

Love it! You girls wear the 80's well! Lol! :)

Daniel y Tamra said...

hahahahahahaha :) thank you for the FANTASTIC smiles :) you girlies do some amazing 80's styling! amity, you are an awesome mom. i don't know if i'll be able to get outside of my box enough to do that with my girls someday--i'll be calling you begging for advice and encouragement!

Matt + Kait said...

this is too awesome!!!! amity, you wear the 80's well. i'm sure that that was a day your girls will NEVER forget!
=)

Neal / Kim Kellenberger said...

FABULOUS!!! You make my ugly sweater BEAUTIFUL!! So proud of you Amity....I know you are not someone who loves to strut around making a scene!!! Thats love right there :):)

Kevin Nince said...

Very cool Amity - you're girls will probably enjoy that memory for the rest of their lives. Glad you had the courage to get a little crazy!