Monday, May 11, 2009

Dress Up

Both our girls LOVE dressing up, like every little girl. The other night they both had their Halloween costumes on and were wearing them around the house. The next morning, Maelyn got up and put hers back on, princess shoes and all. She insisted on wearing her outfit the entire day....which happened to be our errand morning, lucky me. After trying to wrestle her out of the outfit, I just decided to leave it on. So off to the gas station, where the attendant says, "Wow - it isn't everyday we get royalty in here". Then to the grocery store where I ran into some old friends and assured them I didn't dress my kids up as a Disney princesses everyday. A stocker at Walmart even suggested I wear my princess dress next time?!?! YUCK!

After all that, Maelyn continued to wear her dress and shoes during nap and for the rest of the evening. Now it's carefully stowed in the back of the closet, hiding until next time!

4 comments:

Tamra said...

:) looks like they just woke up! what sister funness!! can't wait to see you guys soon!

Jason and Maggi said...

Look at those 2 beautiful girls! Those were the best of days! Amity- I'm surprised you didn't want to dress up too! haha
-Maggi-

The Kaebs said...

Maggi - I think I'm going to dig out an old prom dress in a few days and post some pictures just for you! (and everyone else who reads this blog) we'll see if I have the guts :)

Kellenberger Family said...

That sounds like my girls! People always get a kick out it! They look super cute! :)