Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm proud of my wife and girls!



I wanted to just blog quickly and tell everyone how proud I am of my wife and two girls. They have so many amazing attributes that I love but probably the one I love the most is their desire to grow in their relationship with their God. We just finished a year-long bible study, called BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) where we all (yes, even Maelyn) studied the book of John and the 1st Epistle of John for 32 weeks; yes that’s right 32 weeks. It was awesome all the things we learned about our wonderful Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

During the year Tristyn went with me every Monday night and she did an amazing job keeping up with her weekly assignments and rarely complaining about having to do it. I am so proud of her.

Some of my most memorable takeaways from the year are:

1) Jesus is God and it was through Jesus that all things were made. (John1)
2) Jesus became human allowing us to see the incarnate God. (John1)
3) Jesus is Holy and Righteous (John2)
4) I could not have seen the Kingdom of God unless my heart was re-made/born again (John3)
5) Jesus came to the earth to save me from what I deserve, eternal separation from God. (John4)
6) Jesus mission no earth was to do his Father’s will. (John4, 5)
7) Jesus wants me to trust him and put my faith in Him for all things. (John4)
8) Jesus had Divine Power to do miracles (John3, John5, John6, John9, John11)
9) When I put my faith in Jesus as my savior I crossed over from death to life. (John5)
10) Jesus did not come to earth for man’s praise but in accordance with the Fathers will. (John5)
11) Jesus had his Fathers seal of approval while he completed his mission on earth (John6)
12) Through Jesus I am filled. (John6)
13) God’s will is that anyone who truly desires a new life through Jesus and believes in him, will have eternal life. (John6)
14) Following Jesus is a lifelong commitment. (John6)
15) Jesus is the light of the world. (John8)
16) Jesus hates hypocrisy and the self-righteous religious people, who on the outside act like they know God but in their hearts are clearly far from God. (John8, John9)
17) Jesus knows me and my name. (John10)
18) Jesus lays down his life for me. (John10)
19) People who truly put their faith in Jesus will follow him. (John10)
20) Humans are eternal beings. Even though we physically die, we will forever live if we believe in Jesus. (John11)
21) Jesus economic system is upside down from ours. (John12)
22) Jesus commands 100% commitment from his followers. (John12)
23) I will be judged one day for what I do with Jesus teachings. (John12)
24) Jesus did not come to be served but to serve. (John13)
25) I am commanded to love others, not as they love me, but as Jesus loved me. (John13)
26) Jesus is a comforter. (John14)
27) Jesus hears and answers our prayers. (John14)
28) If I love Jesus, I will obey his teachings. (John14)
29) I get my strength from Jesus (John15)
30) The world hates followers of Jesus. (John15)
31) Jesus did not leave us alone when he ascended to heaven but sent us the Holy Spirit. (John15)
32) The Holy spirit comforts me, convicts me of my sin, and teaches me. (John16)
33) Eternal life is not a place but is knowing God and Jesus Christ. (John17)
34) Jesus prayed for me when he was on earth. (John17)
35) Jesus was falsely accused, horribly beaten, and treated like no other man in the history of the world but never once through it all sinned, or called in his angels to his rescue. (John19)
36) Jesus died, was buried, resurrected and ascended. (John19,20)
37) Apostle John wrote this book so that we may believe that Jesus is Christ, the Son of God and that by believing we may have eternal life. (John20)
38) Jesus loves his followers. (John21)

To celebrate the year, Tristyn, Maelyn, and I went out to see a movie together. It was a little rainy but we had a great time.

1 comment:

Jason and Maggi said...

Thanks for sharing, Troy!