Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Weight

Our scale has been without workable batteries for 2 1/2 years. What a blessing that no one has replaced them - or we'd have one more thing in our lives to needlessly worry about!

In this stage of my pregnancy, weight is of course a requirement at each doctors' appt. Thank goodness I have tapered off since my stomach doesn't have much room for food intake. But the comic strip on the wall at my OB office has a woman on the scale weighing herself with a gun pointed down at the scale. Super funny and gives me much comic relief when I am at the scale, which is weekly these days as I near the end!

Maelyn comes along with me to most appts. and has been very interested in the whole pregnancy process. Maybe she'll be an OB when she gets older because she loves listening to the heartbeat and "assisting" my doctor when she is measuring my belly. Anyway, she is most familiar with the scale at the office and even takes off her shoes to be weighed each time!

Which brings me back to our home scale and her comment this morning to me. She sits down on the scale - yes it still remains in the bathroom just in case someone wants to replace the batteries - and says "I wonder how much my butt weighs?". Then she answers herself with, "Oh, it's 8 months". I guess the weight during pregnancy and the timing is what stands out to her the most, since everyone is chatting about how far and how long Mommy has left to go.

5 comments:

Kevin and Sarah said...

That is super cute! I can't wait to meet your new little one as I'm sure your family is excited and waiting anxiously! I love the part about the scale still being in the bathroom even though it is out of batteries. We have one of those in our bathroom too!

Jason and Maggi said...

I love it, Maelyn!

Tamra said...

too, too funny. all of it :) i miss you guys something fierce!!

The Kaebs said...

We miss you too! The girls are sad they can't catch you on Skype these days :(

Neal / Kim Kellenberger said...

THAT was the funniest thing ever. :)