Monday, April 14, 2014

Daddy-Daughter Dance

Okay, it has been way too long since we have blogged.  Life has been busy but we are doing good.

I wanted to share as I do every year on one of my favorite times of the year, the Daddy-Daughter Dance. This was the first year it was just Maelyn and I, and although I missed having Tristyn with me, Maelyn and I had a great time together.   This was the third attempt this year of trying to have our date, the first one Maelyn was sick, the second one was bad weather, but the third time was the charm.

As always my wife did a wonderful job of making it exciting for Maelyn.  She went dress shopping months earlier with Maelyn to let her pick out her favorite dress (which she kept hidden from me until right before we left).    She did her hair, painted her nails and made her look absolutely fabulous (just see below).

I let Maelyn pick our restaurant and she chose IHOP and who can argue with breakfast for dinner.  We enjoyed some yummy pancakes and eggs, actually Maelyn replaced her eggs with french fries since you know it was dinner, and then we headed to the dance.  Its always so much fun to dance with your little girls and even more fun when your daughter thinks you really are a good dancer.. haha.   The DJ at one point in the night asked all the girls to bring their dads out on the dance floor and asked the girls to raise their hand if they thought their dad was the best dancer.  To a T all the girls raised their hands.... if they only knew:)   Its pretty special when your kids are at the age where they think their dads can do anything.   If it only lasted!

We finished off the night at our favorite Ice Cream shoppe, Sweet Caroline's.  We split a cup of Maddy's Mud... a delightful mix of brownies and Oreo's in coffee ice cream.   I love you Maelyn, you are very special to me.








No comments: