Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Family Lake Vacation

The kids swimming off the dock.

My first ever attempt at water skis.  I was using junior trainer skis and they allowed me to get up on my second try.  I pretty much felt like I was being dragged through the heavy water by my arms and this is how I looked for the entire 10 minute ride.  Afterwards Troy said, "You are going to hurt in the morning because you were so tense".  And he was right!  My body was screaming ugly words at me the following day.  (Had visions of The Great Outdoors and Roman dragging Chet all over the lake)  But it was exhilarating and I was super proud of myself.

Playing together in the pool.

While the girls tube, ski, knee-board Rylen always finds time to catch a nap while "spotting" for them.

Swimming off the boat.



Rylen finally tubing with Maelyn.  After one unfortunate mishap with tubing he has refused to go again.  While he was laying on it one day we just took off slowly with Maelyn holding his hand and he rode for 20 minutes without getting upset or scared.  We were so proud of him!

Tristyn up on water skis.  Maelyn attempted to ski but they were too heavy for her to hold up her legs in the water so she was crushed she didn't get to join in the fun.  Maybe next year.

Riding on the tube with Daddy.

Cliff jumping has become one of our favorite things to do on the lake.


Wow, what a stud.

My second day of skiing went much better.  I was able to relax a bit and actually stand up!  The day after my legs were jelly.
Each summer we enjoy a week-long vacation to Table Rock lake.  We spend the mornings in our pajamas and our afternoons on the water or in the pool.  It's such a relaxing week for our family and a great way to close out our summer before school starts. 

1 comment:

Neal / Kim Kellenberger said...

YES YES YES! Amazing place right there:) loving the pics! :):)