Friday, July 24, 2009

Frosted Donettes Overdose

Maelyn's favorite snack is powdered sugar or frosted donettes. She loves them...who can blame her, right? Anyhow, yesterday afternoon she requested them for a snack. She's only allowed two at a time, so I sat her at the table and gave them to her. But I was distracted (imagine that) and left the bag next to her. Wondering at the silence in the kitchen, I suddenly realized my mistake and ran! Maelyn was shoving the last bit of the chocolate frosted donettes into her full mouth in a hurry before I even reached her side. I snatched the EMPTY, yes EMPTY, bag away from her and asked if she'd eaten them all. Duh, Mom! Of course she did, why ask such a dumb question? I took a picture to document the sight of her chocolatey face. She was probably shoveling furiously while I was gone, hoping to get them polished off before I realized what I had done. In the process, smearing donette all over her face, hands, arms! Then she wouldn't give me the bag...the sugar kicked in and it was all downhill from there. The only good things I can say from this unfortunate story is that the bag wasn't full to begin with, there were about 6 donettes left and she ended up eating dinner anyway...with no stomach complaints.

What a champ!

2 comments:

Jason and Maggi said...

Ummmm. Maelyn, I like those too :)
-Maggi-

Kellenberger Family said...

That is hilarious! :)