What I love about and learn from Tristyn:
- She has a beautiful heart. She loves and cares about everyone. She is a great example for me about how I am to love others.
- She is almost always in a good mood. She sets a great atmosphere in our house for the type of attitude I should always have, which I don't unfortunately. From the time she wakes up in the morning until she goes to bed at night she is always cheerful and I am so thankful for this.
- She likes to have a good time. She is always looking to have fun, laugh, and goof off with her family. This helps me to remember the important things in life.
- She has this amazing desire to learn about our Savior at the young age of 7. Tristyn and I do a Bible study together on Monday nights and I am so proud that she willingly accompanies me. Additionally, she has a great attitude when doing her daily homework for the class as she learns more about the most important gift we were given in this life.
- She is so forgiving. Although I try to be a perfect parent, unfortunately I'm not and there are many times I have to go back to Tristyn and tell her I'm sorry. It could have been I lost my temper, I didn't listen to her, or in general I just didn't handle a situation like I should have, but thankfully, Tristyn always has forgiven me and doesn't hold any type of grudge afterwards which is a great example for me.
What I love about and learn from Maelyn:
- She is so fun to cuddle with. Most every night after bedtime stories, I lay in the girls room as they go to sleep and every night after 10 or 15 minutes as I'm getting ready to leave, Maelyn turns to me, often with her arms around my neck and and pleads, "just a little longer daddy", which of course I can't turn down.
- She loves to play games (tag, hide-n-seek, etc) with me. Just tonight as she is teasing me to try to get her from across our bed she's just grinning ear to ear. When I leaped onto the bed to grab her, she moves away and just started laughing. She reminds me that I need keep her and Tristyn priorities in my life always.
- She loves to read. Even though she doesn't know how to read words yet, she still loves to read me many of her books, which I admire. I think she is so smart for a little 3 year old.
- She likes to win...in everything. This is something she took directly from her dad. I love the determination she has although I have had to explain several times what it means to be a good loser. I'm trying to teach her the verse in the Bible "If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last..." but she hasn't grasped it quite yet.
- She is so loving. Oftentimes out of the blue, she'll say..."Daddy, I love you". It just about melts my heart and makes me so proud.
3 comments:
Troy, this is so precious!
Troy, that was so neat!
Wow, Troy! I think that your two girls are pretty thankful for their daddy too! :)
Post a Comment