Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Did You Sit on That?

A picture of Maelyn with the sled, just to give you an idea of it's size...and hers!
















We hear an "Ahhhhh", followed by some intense sobbing the other night here at the house. Tristyn is wailing, "she broke it, she broke it"! Troy goes to investigate and comes back with Tristyn's American Girl Doll sled broken in several places. It's clear who the culprit is, but no one was sure what happened until Troy asks, "Maelyn, did you sit on that?" She thinks long and hard, then twists her mouth to the side (which is a clear trademark move to anyone who spends much time with Maelyn) and nods her head "yes". Troy & I experience one of those classic parenting leave-the-room-before-bursting-out-in-laughter-moments when we realize that she just couldn't resist resting her little tush on that sled. And the temptation she must have felt when she saw it just sitting there, begging to be ridden. If you can't tell from the picture above, it's indeed a doll sled and not much longer than a ruler. What a crazy hilarious situation...we are still laughing about it.

3 comments:

Tamra said...

I read the follow-up post to this before I read this and I just laughed and laughed! Amity, you have such a great sense of humor, which must be a wonderful way to get through parenthood! I sure hope I survive b/c a quick sense of humor isn't my strong suit ;)

The Kaebs said...

You'll do great because some days of parenthood you have to laugh, cry or go crazy!

Neal / Kim Kellenberger said...

ooh i miss my little maelyn!! :) tooooo hilarious!:)