We started the weekend with a school Valentine party for Tristyn. The kids had a blast and the parents kept good order. Maelyn always loves to attend the school parties and I use them for behavior modification the whole day. Sadly I forgot my camera, but I took a picture of Tristyn's Valentine "mailbox" she decorated for the day. And Maelyn enjoyed putting together her valentines to pass out to her friends at church on Sunday.
The girls were able to have some great little girlfriends over on Friday evening so their Mom and Dad could enjoy a fancy Valentine dinner. There was much happy shrieking, laughing, and girly stuff going on the entire night. In between all the pink, Troy and I enjoyed parts of the Olympic opening ceremonies....always amazing to watch the coming together of so many countries.
Saturday brought much relaxation for us. We had been going strong for a few weeks, so after some obligations in the morning, we just hung around the house. In the afternoon the girls and Troy decided to build their first snowman of the winter season. I found that hilarious because we've had inches and inches of snow during Christmas, January, etc. but when they finally decided to create one - it was near melted. But as I cleaned up around the house and watched them from the window (in the warmth) they had a huge snowman going out there. He needed hands...sticks. He needed a face...Valentine candy. Then came the accessories. Tristyn turned her closet inside out looking for scarves, hats, and mittens to add to the snowman. In the end, he was outfitted pretty well when it comes to snowman fashion.

Saturday night we were blessed with a favorite visitor - Uncle Duane. The girls waited in anxious delight for him to come and when he got here they were super excited to spend some time with him. And he's always a good sport to put up with their constant attention! He even watched them for a few hours while Troy and I enjoyed a dinner alone for Valentine's Day on Sunday night. What a great babysitter...thanks again Duane, we always love having you here with our family!
After church on Sunday, Tristyn played her final basketball game of the season. They played awesome. Several girls made terrific shots and their defense was (as always) incredible. Troy was a proud coach and we admired Tristyn's trophy afterwards. The afternoon brought a crazy mixture of sunshine and swirling snow. We were thankful that we didn't have to get out and about too much, except for a nice, quiet dinner for two in the evening!

Happy Valentine's Day!
2 comments:
welcome back! :) we missed you! cant wait to see you all in a few days!!! love you!
What a LOVELY snowman!!! I am SUPER impressed :) Love, A. Tami
Post a Comment