
I have a confession to share...I have been a stay-at-home mommy for about 2 1/2 years now and have never made a pie. GASP! Horrible, I know. Anyhow, at my MOPs group our craft happened to be pie making. I had huge reservations about it at first, thinking naturally that I would be the only woman in the group who'd never made a pie. Not the case, ladies....I am glad to say that I'm not alone in my box made desserts and my Martha Stewart handicap! In fact, it was a little fun and most of the hard work had been done ahead of time by the awesome craft team. But I was pleasantly surprised by the looks of my pie when it was completed. So proud of it in fact that I'm took some pictures of it (prebaked) when I got home because I can pretty much guarantee that it'll be the first and last pie made by my hands since this family prefers desserts of the chocolate persuasion. Now I'm working on an occasion to eat the pie! I hope I don't forget about it in the freezer :)
3 comments:
mmmmmmmm...looks amazing! and i happen to know someone in your household that would appreciate a pile of cherries inside those crusts ;) so speaking of homemade-last night i found myself trying to make lasagna for us and for a friend who's having a baby real soon and partway into it I realized I had no spaghetti sauce or packets to make it AND i didn't have access to the internet. so guess what i did...dug out some cookbooks from Dan's grandma that surely come from the 1700's (it uses ingredients & measured that i have NEVER heard of!) and somehow managed to make a spaghetti sauce from scratch, but I accidently deviated from the recipe b/c i opened a can of our salsa instead of tomato juice (oops!)-the verdict is still out on taste and whether or not our friends will get the 2nd one. I'm glad my husband is adventurous with food!
that always happens to me that I start making something and then realize I don't have the items to complete it. Good job being resourceful! Let me know how it comes out...maybe you discovered a new recipe to share? And God was merciful when he gave me a husband who will in fact eat ANYTHING!
Yes, God gave me the same kind of mercy with my husband :) I didn't turn out too bad, really. the sauce isn't very red, which makes me realize how much stuff we buy that has dye in it :P Either way, I think I'm keeping the 2nd one for us and making a new one, red dye & all, for our friend as they haven't really had my cooking and I don't want them to be suspicious before they even taste it :P
Post a Comment