Maelyn loves the song "Slow Fade" by Casting Crowns. Everytime it comes on the radio, she just sings right along, asking us to turn it up louder. If you ask her through the day to sing a song, that's the one she'll pick. Especially since it has the "be careful little" parts in the song, also another favorite of hers.
Last night at 4:15am (or I guess I should say early morning) Maelyn screams "Daddy". Troy bolts for her room, thinking she's sick or had a bad dream. Only she says "my favorite thing is on, could you turn it up louder?" -she sleeps with a radio in her room for noise- So Troy turned it up and headed back to bed.
Troy and I could barely get back to sleep, we were incredulous at what just happened. When everyone was getting up and around a few hours later, she yelled again for Daddy to come turn her radio up, Slow Fade was on again! She's certainly a girl who knows what she likes...
1 comment:
hilarious! i love hearing your stories, amity! but awake and coherent at 4:15?! She does NOT get that from this side of the family-well except maybe her Grandpa so I suppose it could skip a generation? last night we went to bed with our living room lights on and b/c our condo is small, the light came right into our bedroom. I fell asleep facing away from the door, but I woke up at some point and saw it. I think light keeps me from deep sleep b/c I kept waking up so finally at 4 something (not b/c of fun songs on the radio!) I got up to turn it off (no idea why I didn't the first time I realized it!) and realized the door was unlocked also! We didn't do such a good job of closing the house down :(
Post a Comment