Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pologize


As we all know, Maelyn is extremely stubborn. She has a hard time acknowledging her bad behavior and making sincere apologies - anyone else struggle with that...I sure do. Anyhow, she was upset with Tristyn today and bopped her on the head. Troy and I immediately started the discipline process by asking her, "Do we hit people, Maelyn?" To which she nods "yes". Then she attempts dragging Troy to the playroom to show him something. He refuses to go along with her until the situation is resolved. Once again we ask if it's allright to hit people and even add a, "Does Jesus want us to hit others?" for some extra emphasis on her bad behavior. She once again nods "yes" to our question and hits me for extra measure of her point. In frustration, Troy explains to her that he's not going to go along with her to the playroom until she apologizes to Tristyn and to us for disobeying what we asked her not to do. She makes a defiant face, thinks it over and says, "pologize" in Tristyn's direction, "pologize" in Troy's direction and finally "pologize" in my direction. Then grabs Troy's hand and says "Let's go Daddy!"

3 comments:

Kara said...

Oh, this is refreshing! Thanks for this post. I'm glad your child does the same thing. The pologize is just too cute! It's hard to be mad when they say something so CUTE!

Jason and Maggi said...

Oh I love it!
-Maggi-

Neal / Kim Kellenberger said...

I am dying! :) too funny of a story! maelyn just cracks me up:)