Thursday, February 24, 2011

Monster Truck Security

Everyone always reminds Maelyn that once her baby brother gets old enough, he'll be trying to take her dollies and play with all her toys. She can hardly stand the thought because she is very particular and precise when playing with her treasured dolls. We've created baskets of "baby" toys for Rylen to enjoy when the time comes.

The other day she received a monster truck toy in a kids meal. She added it to the "baby" toys because it was clearly a boy toy and she wanted Rylen to have it. One morning this week as we were scrambling to get out the door for school, I left the room to grab my coffee cup for the car. I turned around and noticed my son clutching the monster truck in his carseat. I think Maelyn gave it to him to ensure that he will love all things boy - trucks, balls, and camo and keeps her girlie dollies out of his chubby little hands.


1 comment:

Jason and Maggi said...

Isn't that cute! He's getting so big! I can't wait to see him again!