Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Some of Us..."

I was a bit early picking Maelyn up from preschool yesterday and I expected her to be out on the playground because that's what they do at the end of the day. But the kids were all in a circle on the blue carpet, with the lights off, getting a quiet reprimand by one of their teachers. She was saying how sad she was that they hadn't listened very well to her instructions and how they'd misbehaved when she asked them to prepare to go outside. And they all looked very serious because they had missed their time outdoors on a beautiful sunny day. Afterwards, their teacher dismissed them to their parents and we headed to the car. When we were buckled up and headed out, I asked Maelyn if her class got in some trouble today. She said, "Some of us." I asked who had gotten in some trouble and she said, "Some of us." I asked if she had gotten in some trouble. She said, "Not everyone, but some of us." Hmmmm...

No comments: