Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Funny!


We know we are the only people who think what our kids say is hilarious. But Maelyn is really just hilarious all by herself. It's a combination of her facial expressions, wild hair and unique voice. And we continue to blog about it to look back and remember because we'll never otherwise recall what we hear from them. So sorry if you're sick of the "Maelyn said this and Tristyn said this..." because we're probably not going to stop posting them. So here goes...


We have a Dollar Tree close to our house. And there was some awesome weather on Sunday. So Troy and Maelyn (plus Rylen) took a walk to get some junk (and a dish scrubber for me, thanks again honey). Tristyn wasn't feeling well, so they brought her back something too. A sword. A really gnarly looking one too. It is sharp and silver and has a gothic look to it. Something we aren't used to seeing in this house until 2014 when Rylen decides to become a boy amongst all the dolls and pink. Tristyn loved it and has had fun swishing it around from her sick perch on the couch. Fast forward to last night when I was preparing dinner. I just got off the phone with my handsome hubby (getting the scoop on his ETA - it helps me get through the afternoon if I have an end time in sight) and I felt something on the small of my back. Something poking me. I turn around and Maelyn, gnarly sword in hand, says to me, "I'm going to sword you in your butt!" I laughed so hard, I ended up on the kitchen floor. She is a riot people, I am so blessed to have her around for those days when you think you just can't take anymore laundry, dishes and sibling arguments.


And allergies are in full swing around here thanks to the windy, warm spring weather. Maelyn wakes up all sniffles and says to me on her way to the bathroom, "My nose just isn't breathing very well this morning."


And one more thing...she picked out her own outfit today because she doesn't have school and we aren't going anywhere because big sister is sick. If you can't tell from the picture here is a list of what she has on - a too small (think halter top) purple flower shirt, a denim jean skirt, light pink leg warmers even though it's 72 degrees outside, red Santa Christmas socks, and black patten leather church shoes. And I thought I was a fashion emergency.

1 comment:

Kim Kellenberger said...

please please please don't ever stop telling me cute maelyn stories! i LOVE them :):):) miss you guys so much!!!!!