Thursday, October 1, 2009

What is Mush?

Tristyn loves the movie Annie. She and Maelyn sing the songs, pretend I'm Miss Hannigans and Troy is always Daddy Warbucks. (Why can't I be Grace? She's nice and pretty!) Anyway...this morning Tristyn asked me what MUSH was. On Annie, they always have to eat mush. So we googled it and it's actually boiled cornmeal. Gross, right? Then we had some oatmeal for breakfast! Just like little orphan Annie :)

2 comments:

Jason and Maggi said...

My grandma use to make it for us for breakfast. She fried it, kinda like a pancake and then we ate it with butter and syrup. You can buy it already made in a tube like roll at the grocery store too. I actually love it. :) haha Glad you guys had the experience. I'd kinda forgotten about it. -Maggi

daniel said...

Growing up, that's what we called cream of wheat and oatmeal!