Thursday, August 6, 2009

Can I Help You?

Maelyn is a true Do-It-My-Selfer! She waits on no one to accomplish her goals. This time, she didn't even ask for help. I had my back turned, doing dishes in the sink 5 feet away from her, and I turned around when I heard the step stool scrape the floor. She was seeking the DS game case to switch out a game (which I keep up high for obvious reasons). I resisted the urge to yell out at her because I didn't want to frighten her into a fall, then I grabbed the camera that was charging nearby and captured a picture. After I scooped her to the floor and pleaded with her to ask for help next time, she told me she was "just getting the game case for another game"....like, no big deal Mom. This girl is going to turn my hair grey one of these days!

1 comment:

Jason and Maggi said...

It was great seeing all you guys this last weekend!