Surely there are many people we have for friends, neighbors, co-workers, even family members that don't know Christ. Troy and I were recently challenged to choose one person each and committ to praying for their salvation each day for a year or longer. Everyone has their prayer lists. The daily prayers of repentance and forgiveness from our Holy God. The prayers for health, safety, family and general needs to be met. And the humble requests from others to intercede on their behalf are all very important in our daily prayer life. But when we concentrate on one person who is far from God, turning from their sin to repentance and God's grace to the lost...imagine what He will hear from us!
Reminded of Revelation 20:15 - If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Do I want anyone who God desires to experience that eternity? Do I want anyone whom I have daily contact with to receive that fate? Absolutely not!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Excellent exhortation! What a great goal to set.
Wow! That's awesome... and convicting too!-Maggi-
Post a Comment