Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Elmo, Big Bird & Elmo

Maelyn's current obsession is everything Elmo and Big Bird. She would probably watch her "bideos" (her word for videos) of them 100 times a day if we let her. We go to the public library to get our Elmo & Big Bird fixes in the form of videos or books and then she's ready to go back the next day so she can get different ones. Sometimes she wakes up in the morning asking for Elmo. I'm not going to let her know that Sesame Street (with Elmo and Big Bird) are on KCPT every morning...we'd get nothing done until she'd watched it everyday, I'm sure. It's sure sad when you have to use red, furry, toddler puppets to bribe your 2 year old to eat, sleep and come with you to Walmart! (I think it comes from her dad....the K-state grad obessed with anything KU?)

4 comments:

Kevin and Sarah said...

That is hilarious. Shelby can point out any Elmo within a five mile radius. Love the blog!

The Kaebs said...

5 miles? That's nothing. Maelyn spotted a 2 inch figurine of him at the bottom of a toy box at Great Clips the other day!!!

Aunt Barbara said...

Hi Amity, As I was wandering arount Target yesterday afternoon, what should appear before my eyes, but a book of Elmo Goes to the Zoo. I could not resist it for only $1.00. Are there any "bideos" or books I can get Maelyn, or any plush toys or just anything Elmo or Big Bird? That way you won't have to go out in the cold the library everyday. She can have her own little toy store!! What is Tristyn's obsession this year?

Kevin and Sarah said...

She wins!! What is it about that furry red guy?