Saturday, December 6, 2008

Skate Party







Tristyn's friend had her birthday party at a skating rink today and we all went along. Tristyn has been skating a few times before and has always used the "locking" skates that don't allow the wheels to roll at the same time. Well, she decided she was talented enough to go to normal skates and managed very well with them. I was proud of her effort in spite of being unsteady and traveling pretty quickly. Maelyn insisted she'd like to try skating as well, so we strapped some on over her shoes and away she went...which meant Troy or I had to skate as well and I think we all know who lost that battle!! Daddy tied up his skates and joined her on the floor. In the beginning, he was just holding her up as she stomped along, but gradually she was able to keep her balance and skate alongside him. In the end it was Maelyn who was screaming when the skates were removed and it was time to leave for the day, as Tristyn was complaining of bruises and her rump hurting! Maelyn really enjoyed skating and was so sad to have to stop. They offer some toddler skate classes, so I think we'll have to check one of those out sometime!

Maelyn on skates at 2 1/2...impressive! Troy in skates at 28....hilarious!

1 comment:

Aunt Barbara said...

Troy, you are a first class act on skates!!! You should take the skating lessons with Maelyn, then you would be double hilarious!!!!