Sunday, April 26, 2009
ALIVE
Driving to church early this morning, the song about being ALIVE was playing. The lyrics go something like..."all because of Jesus, I'm alive....all because of the blood of Jesus Christ". I've heard this song many times, sing along to it most of the time and just this morning realized how powerful that phrase is to us. We're ALIVE, no longer dead in our sin, simply because Jesus loved us enough to sacrifice himself for God's greater purpose. Empowers me to simply live ALIVE in Christ, grateful for my new light of life instead of groaning when things don't go my way, complaining when people hurt me or failing to appreciate how much my Lord loves me. In true example of being ALIVE, we witnessed several baptisms this morning which showed the awesome profession of walking from death to life. What a great illustration for me of that particular song!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amity, I have enjoyed browsing through your blog and appreciated this post in particular. Thank you for the reminder to embrace the life Jesus made possible for us.
Blessings,
Shanna
http://shannagroves.blogspot.com
Post a Comment