Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thank You God, for My Glasses...and Sunglasses




After some difficulty with her eyesight at school, the eye doctor recommended reading glasses for Tristyn. We found these adorable ones (blue and purple if you can't tell from the picture) and she's been so excited to finally get them. The order was backed up in the lab, so the past few weeks have been quite long for her. Last night we went to pick them up and today was her first day with her new "eyes". She's of course very excited about her new look, but Troy and I think that may wear off sooner than later....we'll see how long she LOVES wearing them.
When we were preparing for bed last night, glasses safely stowed in the case on the nightstand, Tristyn begins praying. Towards the end, she's thanking God for her new glasses and the ability to read better with them. Maelyn is next with her prayer and she (very matter of fact) thanks God for her sunglasses and keeping the sun out of her eyes. She was really very serious in her gratitude. This morning as we're getting up and ready, Tristyn is trying on her glasses over and over, while Maelyn has found her sunglasses upstairs in the pool bag and continues to wear them most of the morning. She ate breakfast in them and read books with them on. So funny!






7 comments:

Tamra said...

ooh--Tristyn, I love your new glasses :) You're looking beautiful. And of course yours are great too, Maelyn!! Love, A. Tami

p.s. I can't wait to see you at U. Duane's graduation next month!!

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

I love what they come up with on their own for prayers:)

New glasses look cute - and you are right - it will wear off sooner rather than later, unfortunately!

Kellenberger Family said...

That is soo adorable! They look cute in their glasses and sunglasses! :) Raegan loves to look at your girl's pictures!
Love, Shannon

The Kaebs said...

I didn't know you guys had a blog! I would LOVE to see it sometime...we miss you guys!

Neal / Kim Kellenberger said...

AWESOME....love the glasses! I was just trying on glasses today and there were some kid ones there and Brock and Cailer were both trying them on and thinking they were so cool! They are going to be so jealous!!:) Maelyn and her little sayings crack me up!! Have a good weekend you guys - love you!

Anonymous said...

You girls look great!
-Maggi-

Kellenberger Family said...

Our blog isn't too exciting, but I will send you the link. :) We loved seeing you last weekend! It had been too long. And Raegan was so excited to get to play with your girls! :)