Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Monopoly Jr.

I know this is one of those stories where,"you had to be there", to get the full effect but I have to tell it anyway.

Last night, Tristyn and I were playing Monopoly Junior (her new favorite game) and I had managed, as a good property owner, to dwindle her bank account down to a total of $14. She had a $2 bill, a $3 bill, a $4 bill and a $5 bill left. She's learning math in school, so she had fun adding up different combinations to try to make payments. Being financially smart (takes after her mom) she loves her big bills - in this case her $5 bill and would hate to lose it.

Tristyn landed on some property of mine and owed me $8. After a few seconds of trying to figure out how to come up with her $8, I mentioned that 5+3 = 8 just as I took a drink. Without hesitation, she quickly replies, "I'm not paying you my $5", and I just started laughing. I had just taken a swig of coke and some of it managed to make it down my wind pipe. I have never had a caffeinated beverage go down my wind pipe before, and needless to say I hope that never happens again. I nearly lost my digested dinner as I seriously coughed over the sink for about 2 minutes. Tristyn even ran upstairs to tell Amity she thought Daddy was barfing in the kitchen sink. To which Amity asks in alarm, "WHICH SIDE OF THE SINK?"

The one thing you gotta love about kids; you just never know what you're going to hear!

2 comments:

Tamra said...

this makes me smile :) at scott & jamie's last weekend Macy wanted to play Monopoly Jr. Next time we'll have to take her up on it!

Neal / Kim Kellenberger said...

great story - I totally didnt have to be there to get at least part of the effect to hear 'T' say 'I am not paying you my $5' :) LOVE IT!! :)