Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Big Girl Underwears
Since Maelyn was 18 mos. old, she's had an interest in going potty on the big potty. Until she realized that it was always mommy's idea for her to go...then it stopped being fun anymore. So she has slightly regressed since then. Not that she won't go, it just has to be motivated by her! If you ask, she's rather unwilling. So we've been trying to coax her, bribe her, or just take her without leaving an open option. And we're not having too much success. Yesterday she actually asked to go, pottied and pooped in the potty chair...so we decided to try some big girl "underwears" (her word) and see what happens to our little independent, I-can-do-it-myself 2 year old. 10 minutes after purchasing some Elmo girlie panties and explaining that we don't go potty in them, she was hollering that she had to go, ran to the bathroom and SUCCESS! I wish I could show you a picture of her proud expression, but....we'd rather not! So wish us luck in the training process. Maelyn is pretty determined to get things right (maybe an engineering career is in her future?) so we'll see how she does. I promised some Hello Kitty's if she kept going on the potty chair......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good job, Maelyn!!! I'm so proud of you and maybe you'll have some Hello Kitty underwears by the time I visit :) Love, A. Tami
woohoo mae mae! :) brocky still could care less about wearing a diaper! i hate changing him - i feel like i am changing an adult baby! nast....! doesnt help that jaci is sooo stinken tiny! :):)
she's doing so good, I'm so proud of her progress...we've made several trips outside the house and she's stayed dry or asked to use the potty! Maybe underwear is the incentive for her?
you could bribe Brock with some Hello Kitty panties?! :)
Post a Comment