Since Maelyn's time has come to move out of her crib, we decided to let the girls share a bedroom; which also means we can have back a guest room until it becomes a nursery again. (not an announcement, sorry!) In order for them to be roomies, we decided to give them the luxury of having their own beds, instead of sharing one. Since space is limited in our house, we found an amazing double size bunk-bed that works for now and later if they ever want to separate....think teenage years! And we've been spending the week preparing for the furniture delivery. Both the girls are really excited to be together in one room, we're thankful they aren't old enough to feel put out by the suggestion :) I am a little sad that our "baby" Maelyn is moving into a bed and making great strides at potty-training this week. (she had a fit when I forced her to put a diaper back on for naptime, she's doing really well with her underwears *see previous post) Along with her ornery attitude and independent spirit, it seems like time has gone so fast since she was born.
In the midst of organizing/rearranging furniture in the bedrooms today, I've managed to achieve some discomfort in my back. Troy's final words to me this morning were, "I don't want you to be at the chiropractor tomorrow, so don't move anything." But it's so hard to imagine how everything is going to look without actually seeing how it looks in its new space. And I am a slightly strong woman, sure I lack some muscle definition, but I'm no stranger to the push-pull method of moving furniture. So I may have moved a few things around or maybe I asked the neighbor to help...who really knows what happened? Either way it went down, I'm now choosing to spend the rest of the afternoon doing laundry and preparing the "womanly" aspects of the rearranging, leaving the heavy lifting to Troy later on tonight so that I don't end up in the chiro office - although I'd be grateful for an excuse for an adjustment!
In the meantime, Maelyn's room is a disaster...she's napping in the middle of her bedroom furniture, Tristyn's bedroom furniture, bedding, art desk supplies, stuffed animals, books, Barbies, etc. What can I say, other than she's a Kaeb; sleeping anywhere and just grateful for a nap! I'll post some pictures of the new room after it's complete! It's going to be an exciting weekend for all!
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment