Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lucky Duckie

Yesterday Maelyn was great after her trip to the doctor for a check-up. So I rewarded her with a donut. (the girl hates sweets, but loves donuts!) Later in the evening, Troy took her along to get his haircut. When they got home, Troy was saying how good she was, so he got her a donut as a reward. I told Troy she'd already had a donut today and we all look at Maelyn and I asked her why she didn't tell Daddy she'd already had one......she says "lucky duckie" with a sneaky smile. Can you believe that? What a little stinker. We were just howling with laughter, but also amazed at how easily she worked the system in her favor - at the young age of 2.

Mommy and Daddy better start communicating better about our rewards for good behavior each day!

3 comments:

daniel said...

That is hilarious!

Tamra said...

that IS hilarious!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

hahaha...good job Maelyn! :D