Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Laundry Fairies




For some reason my girls LOVE to sort our laundry each week. I can't even begin to imagine what the great excitement is, but it's a huge help for me. A few months back, I purchased a laundry sorter and it's the best invention ever for my life. A couple times a week, I just empty our hampers into the sorter and then it's all in the laundry room to complete each day...yes, the laundry is done everyday. If I have one moment of thinking I'm on top of it and could skip a day - I am behind and the hampers are full again in a matter of hours. And I dislike doing mounds and mounds of laundry on the precious weekends. So my personal laundry fairies are diligent in helping me with the sorting part of the job. Now if I could get them excited about meal planning/grocery shopping...my other least favorite household responsibility. Maybe in a few years?



3 comments:

Tamra said...

Good job Tristyn & Maelyn! That is SO great! I could sure use some laundry fairies at our house, but we, on the other hand, let our piles get a BIG as the washer will hold b/c we have to have exactly 10 quarters on hand for every complete load of laundry we do and I like to capitalize on those 10 quarters as MUCH as possible. AND we have to have a 2 hour chunk of time to get them in the washer and out of the dryer before our neighbors leave notes, so...the already unpleasant task of laundry is a challenge around Walden Hills II :P I will never take my own washer & dryer for granted, even it means doing a load every day ;)

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

I have had a laundry sorter for awhile and I agree that it's a great invention! Glad your girls like to sort - the twins always complain about it:)

BTW: Kaitlyn out of the blue the other day said, "I sure miss Tristyn!"

The Kaebs said...

So sweet. Tristyn always asks when the twins are going to live back here in the US.