Saturday, March 14, 2009

Re-designed Rooms



I feel like we've moved into a new house or had an extreme makeover today! At last we've received our new bedroom furniture for the girls (they were able to deliver to us earlier than we'd expected, yeah!) After assembly and close inspection by Troy, we set to work getting the bedrooms back in working order. The girls were camping out in the disaster area guest bedroom and all of their things were crammed into the tiny room. Now they are moved into the other bedroom; complete with new bed, dresser, nightstand, and shelves. And our guest bedroom is ready for...guests! (and Tristyn's keyboard) All we're lacking is some more pillows. We went from a single bed and a crib to three double beds and some shams to fill. But that purchase will be for another day, I think we've had enough for now! Troy is happily lounging on the couch watching basketball after hanging this, taking apart that, storing something else in the basement and doing every little thing my heart desired this afternoon. So I'll let him stay put for awhile.

As always, there are challenges with anything new. #1 - Maelyn is determined to navigate the bunk ladder on her own...we finally removed it after a slight tumble and #2 - these beds are so hard to make! I thought our old bunk was diffucult, but I was breaking a sweat getting everything tucked and smoothed on both beds. You literally have to make it as you're straddling the side-bars, which I'm sure will lead to injury in the near future. Wish me luck! (and safety)

On a final sad note, Maelyn's crib is apart and stored until next time. I was slightly emotional as Troy seperated the pieces. But we are so happy to embark on a new milestone in her little life. She said "WOW" when she saw her new big girl bed. Thanks be to God for the health and safety of our little "baby" Maelyn over the past 2 1/2 years and of course for her loving big sister.

2 comments:

Tamra said...

you might have to check these out!! http://www.cloudsandstars.com/quickziptwin.aspx

Anonymous said...

Those beds look like fun! Have fun girls!
-Maggi-