Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Random Thoughts

Below are a couple thoughts and things I've heard in the past month that have either encouraged me or challenged me and my thinking.

I heard the other day that "Trials in life don't necessarily build character so much as they reveal your character". Wow, this was a hard one for me. Lately, as I've gone through this or that tough situation I've asked God the question through it, "What are you trying to show me and how can I use this situation to help me in the future?" Sounds good and all, but what I failed to see was that as I was going through the tough situation, I was in the moment often acting quite selfish, being oversensitive, unforgiving, and at times even childish. So when I heard this quote, it spoke right to me and really challenged me to remember trials reveal character.

Last month we had the opportunity to hear Dr. Richard Blackaby at our church's annual missions conference. He spoke at three sessions on "God in the Home", "God on Campus", and "God in the Workplace". They are all about 45 minutes long but I would encourage you to watch any or all of them. He shares some awesome stories and I promise you, that if you start watching it you will not quit until it is over, it is that good.
http://olathebible.org/templates/System/details.asp?id=43819&PID=604161


Lastly, I watched this video the other day and it has some amazing thoughts in it. If you have a minute or two I highly recommend you watch it.
http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com/popup-frame.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey thanks for posting "The Interview with God", that was amazing! And I plan to watch those other video messages you posted, esp. the one about living on campus as soon as I get some free time today or tomorrow or friday!