Monday, March 23, 2009

Sick Spring Break

Last week all the girls in the Kaeb house suffered from various sickness. Maelyn started with a runny nose and cough that ended up in pneumonia. We were completely unaware of how sick she actually was. Once she was started on antibiotics and had an unpleasant shot in the leg, she was on her way back to healthy. Then a few days later, Tristyn starts on a cough. Fortunately hers didn't come with a fever, so we were ok treating her symptoms with some cold medicine. At the end of the week, after lack of sleep and a germ infested house, I bit the dust as well with a horrible cold. After changing plans a few times for the weekend, we decided to take a much needed trip to Troy's parents. After all, Tristyn hadn't had much of a Spring Break. So despite my feeling like death, we had an enjoyable weekend with family and friends. And after spending a week with 2 sick kids, a constant sink full of dishes, unmade beds and the house destroyed....I am happy, happy, happy to be back on track this week. Troy managed to stay healthy all week despite our attempts to infest him with our germs :) and enjoyed some time watching basketball tournaments! Tristyn returned to school excitedly today and Maelyn and I enjoyed running some errands we couldn't get done last week. Overall, we've been extremely lucky this year with being healthy, but every one's time must come. I'm glad ours is over...until next time, of course.

No comments: