Thursday, February 26, 2009

"Is Him Here Yet?"


Tonight we'll be getting a special visitor for dinner and an overnight! Uncle Matt is coming to KC tonight to stay with us and Maelyn is super excited. I told her the news shortly before naptime and she woke up earlier than usual to ask "Is him here yet?" Then as the afternoon progressed she asked a few more times, especially when I told her I was starting dinner preparations...."Is him here yet?", like she would miss him coming into the house or something. Tristyn arrives home from school and Maelyn shares the good news with an added guesstimate of 20 minutes until his coming. "He'll be here in 'bout 20 minutes, Tristyn." I've distracted her with a Strawberry Shortcake DVD and the job of arranging her babies on the couch. Still we wait until "him is here"! I can only imagine what sheer excitement will break out when he actually gets here. We for sure love our uncles!!!
p.s. In the picture, Maelyn is proudly modeling her bunny ears she made at MOPs the other day!

3 comments:

Tamra said...

have fun with u. mathew, maelyn!!!

The Kaebs said...

Oh, she did! Everything was U. Mathew this and that. Both girls loved having him here, it had been awhile since he'd visited.

Unknown said...

and I loved being with the girls! It WILL NOT be that long before visiting again!