Sunday, February 22, 2009

Joy

We were challenged this weekend to recapture our joy in Jesus Christ. No one else can rob you of your fellowship with God, no matter how negative or frustrating their actions can become. Too many times we surrender our joy willingly and need to be intentional about getting that back each time. Thinking of how we'd like our kids to view us and their experience growing up in our home, convicts us to be a better example of the joy we've found in the Lord, even when times seem hard.

Here are a few verses that were shared with us....

Psalms 16:11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

John 15:11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

John 16:22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I wil see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.

"Fullness of joy in God's presence is the transformation of self when in fellowship with God".

4 comments:

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

Joy is my personal area of struggle that I've been trying to change. You strike a key point in talking about how our children perceive us - that's what prompted me to make a concentrated effort at having more Joy in my heart and life! That's what I want them to see and remember when they think back to their childhood someday. Thanks for sharing:)

The Kaebs said...

Agreed, I am a fellow struggler! I have to think of what they'll remember about their mom growing up, not my selfishness and negative attitude, but my joyfulness.

The Kaebs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Kaebs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.