Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Big Shoes to Fill


Our girls adore shoes. They both have multiple pairs and get excited when new ones are added to their collection. Tristyn just loves her own shoes, but Maelyn loves ALL shoes. I usually have to take a helper (Mom) with me to shoe shop for them because it can turn into such a crazy disaster. When we walk into the shoe store OR the shoe department, Maelyn immediately - at the front door - sits down and removes her shoes in anticipation of trying on various new ones. She'll grab several boxes and then go about the business of finding the perfect ones. Sometimes they aren't even her size, but she doesn't even care. Tristyn is more thoughtful and chooses slowly, but still gets excited to show off her favorites. The other day I left Maelyn upstairs to play and when I came back up she had tried on and rearranged all of Tristyn's shoes. After she wore some around a bit, she decided to move to our closet. Of course she had many options in there and proceeded to try most of those on as well. She decided on Daddy's brown ones and kept them on for most of the afternoon. Just like shoe shopping at the store...but cheaper!!

2 comments:

Tamra said...

awww so cute! now I REALLY wish I had been able to get her that bday gift I was eyeing.

The Kaebs said...

keep your eyes open this summer...little feet grow fast!