At church this past weekend our missionary pastor shared with us some transforming truths that had impacted his life. Transforming truths are those sayings you hear that are short in length but extremely powerful in meaning. These four are the ones that had the greatest impact on me.
Transforming Truth #1
“Our God is a missionary God”
Starting from the beginning of the bible to the end, every page talks of missions. Spreading the message to all people explaining who God is and why he is worthy to be worshiped is what God desires. God is so pleased when he sees His heart beating in people.
Transforming Truth #2
“Missions is not the ultimate purpose of the Church”
….Worship is. Although our God is a missionary God, God greatest desire is to be worshiped by people from every tribe and language and nation and that is why he wants all people to know Him. Leading people to worship God should be the ultimate goal in all missions.
Transforming Truth #3
“It takes transformed lives to transform lives”
These seven words say it all to me. God has totally transformed my life and that is why I have a passion for sharing with others the transforming power of God.
Transforming Truth #4
“The Cross has two sides”
We often think of the cross as having just one side. This is the beautiful side for followers of Jesus where we by, none of our doing, get to experience a new life through Christ death and forgiveness of our sins. The other side of the cross is much tougher to think about and deal with. This side involves suffering for Christ. Although there is wide range of suffering followers of Jesus may go through (dishonor, emotional pain, imprisonment, beatings, death, etc.) are we willing to do any and all if asked by God. Christ says following Him will require suffering and yet oftentimes I try to avoid suffering at all cost. Next time I experience a little suffering, will I complain to God and ask why me or will I say God, may you be glorified through this. I hope I do the latter.
2 comments:
great post, you guys! good thoughts. love you bunches~your MI siblings :)
Post a Comment