Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Moral Teacher

Have you ever heard anyone describe Jesus as a "Good Moral Teacher" but say I can't accept his claim to be God? I've been reading "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis and studying it with a friend of mine (great book by the way) and I find his take on this fascinating. If you read through Jesus' teachings in the gospels, his claims make him either, as Lewis says, "a lunatic..... the devil of hell or truly the Son of God, there is no in-between". Lewis goes on to say, "[We] must make a choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronising nonsense abut His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." Of course, having experienced first hand what Christ has done in my life, I have no doubt He is the Son of God, but what about you???
-Troy

1 comment:

The Frazee's said...

Troy
I found your blog through Lindsays-enjoy reading it!! Especially this one. Its fun to see what your family is up to.
Gina Frazee